Friday, April 9, 2010

What to expect?

As I am preparing to leave I am finding that I am unsure of what to expect. I am extremely excited, although a little overwhelmed with all this packing! I am unsure of how my teaching experience in Australia will pan out. I will be working with the 3rd and 4th grade classes, and couldn’t be more excited. The only thing I have found out thus far about my future teaching experience is that I will be going on a three day trip with the 3rd and 4th grade students. I have yet to hear what I will be doing during this time, but am excited for the opportunity to go on a trip!

I believe the Australian school system will be very similar to our systems here. I have read a little bit about the reading in the school systems in Australia. They place a large emphasis on reading, which I look forward to learning all about. I am excited to see the differences in our school systems. I find myself somewhat nervous when thinking about this future teaching experience. Am I prepared to teach the students in Melbourne? Will the students and teachers welcome me? Although I have concerns I really am looking forward to starting this journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment