Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Friendships in a Foreign Country

Living with complete strangers was something I was extremely apprehensive about. On the plane ride here I was thinking to myself, what am I doing going to a foreign country and living with families I have never met before. Upon meeting my families my nerves were settled and I began to feel at home. I have split my time in half with two families and have become close with all of the family members.
Spending so much time together has allowed me to form bonds with both of the families. It has been so wonderful to feel so at home and comfortable with everyone I have met. I have really enjoyed getting to know all of the children in these families. My first family had younger teenage children, who I got to know very well. I was able to form a friendship with them, talk about everyday things, and even offer advice. The second family I have been staying with has slightly older children, who are around my age. I felt I could really relate to them, especially since they have all traveled to the states before!
It is an extremely good feeling to be so far from home but still feel like you have family and friends around. Taking the relationships and friendships I have formed home with me will be one of the most rewarding aspects of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment